On the 20th of April the first CurCol event took place. More than 50 participants listened online to the inspirering presentations of Centexbel, Centre of Expertise Biobased Economy, Rodenburg Biopolymers and DeltaQ.
The topic of this afternoon was natural colors for biobased plastic. In the CurCol project we focus on the yellow natural colorant curcumine and the application in plastic and paper packaging. This webinar was a good opportunity to share the results so far and to meet other parties in this discipline. It is great to see that the interest for this topic is high. See you at our next event!
Did you miss the webinar? Please find the link to the webinar and the presentations below.
- Introduction of the CurCol project by Han van Kasteren, Centre of Expertise Biobased Economy.
- Biobased polymers: properties, opportunities and challenges by Isabel de Schrijver, Centexbel.
- Biobased and biodegradable solutions from side-stream valorization: starch based bioplastics by Thijs Rodenburg, Rodenburg Biopolymers.
- Colorants for plastics: from masterbatch to sustainable product by Patrik Rohrer, DeltaQ.
- Progress, current state and future work on the optimization of colorants from curcumin by Kees Kruithof, Centre of Expertise Biobased Economy.