CoE BBE helps entrepreneurs and companies, in different ways, to set up sustainable bio-based business practices. For example, we offer support in the search for knowledge, talent, funding and facilities, both within and outside the region.
As a central player in the Biobased Delta, we work to promote this together with Dutch universities of applied sciences, research universities, various partners in other countries, regional parties such as REWIN, BOM and Starterslift and now also with no less than 120 companies, large and small.
What do we do for entrepreneurs?
Entrepreneurs use CoE BBE as a way into the biobased economy. We have a great deal of knowledge and expertise in house but, if we don’t have precisely what a company needs, we know exactly where to find it in one of the many networks in which we participate. In concrete terms, we provide:
- Knowledge and talent in the form of students and lecturers in affiliated study programmes at Avans and HZ University of Applied Sciences (technical analyses, process design, product design, commercial and legal analyses).
- Access to facilities for biobased laboratory research.
- Access to 3 different application centres that we manage: the Biopolymer Application Centre, Colour Application Centre and Mycelium Lab.
- Direct knowledge sharing for companies by the organisation of Green Meetings, biobased thematic gatherings.
- Help for access to Higher Professional Education research funds, subsidies and regional innovation vouchers to enable biobased research.
- An on and offline Bio-based Collection which is used by public buyers and in which companies can showcase their biobased products.
- Offer of courses for professionals, such as master classes and online courses (MOOCs).
Do you want to achieve your biobased ambitions? Or do you have any questions?